More About Cross-Laminated Timbers
NORDIC X-LAM CROSS-LAMINATED TIMBER (CLT)
Cross-laminated timber is composed of multiple lumber boards layered crosswise at 90-degree angles and bonded together using structural adhesives.
A NEW ARCHITECTURAL VISION
Cross-laminated timber (CLT) provides new design possibilities, facilitating the construction of structures with a pared-down, organic look and giving free rein to architectural creativity. Nordic X-Lam is an alternative construction material that is light, cost effective and sustainable.
Cross-laminated timber can be used for floor slabs, roof slabs and wall panels. Due to its bidirectional composition, it can be used with light framing to provide lateral stability, thus allowing for greater building heights, or mixed structures. Cross-laminated timber is a processed timber product of superior strength and stability that offers unique new possibilities and unparalleled advantages in wood construction.
Build more quickly and cost effectively:
- Integrated design process accommodates building services
- Simple assembly with little need for specialized equipment
- Quick erection: no formwork or curing time required
- Planned delivery and erection sequences
- Lighter structures (wood is five times lighter than concrete and fifteen times lighter than steel)
- Negligible financial impact for winter construction
- Faster continuous workflow than with other construction methods
A natural choice for sustainable construction, cross-laminated timber is an ideal, ecologically sound alternative destined to replace concrete and steel. Cross-laminated timber is unparalleled as a carbon sink due to its volume and composition. It is truly the building material of the future.
- Uses: Floor and roof slabs, wall panels, shearwalls and other applications
- Stress Grade: E1 (L 1950Fb and T No. 3/Stud)
- Service Condition: Dry use
- Appearance Grades: Industrial and architectural
- Species: Spruce-pine-fir, contains 90% black spruce
- Number of Layers: 3, 5, 7 and 9
- Thicknesses: From 89 to 267 mm (3-1/2 to 10-1/2 in.)
- Maximum Width: 44 m (8 ft)
- Lengths: Up to 19.5 m (64 ft)
- Warranty against manufacturer’s defects
- FSC-certified products available
For more information: https://www.nordic.ca